With internet dating becoming increasingly popular amongst people who would never have usually considered it, here’s a few things to keep in mind. If you’re not getting the desired response it could be for one or more of these reasons
1. Lack of photos: seeking physical attraction doesn’t necessarily make a person shallow. Considering that the people you might contact have never met you in their life, a good visual can put them at ease.
2. Poor image quality: if your face is obscured or the image quality is poor, this may lead others to believe you have confidence issues, or something to hide.
3. Bad opening message: simply saying hello isn’t enough, it lacks imagination and may come across as lazy. Using excessive “txt” speak can lead people to believe you are uneducated. Messages that are lengthy and generic may look like a copy & paste job. Also, let your profile sum you up, not your opening message, if someone is interested enough to get to know you better they will look, otherwise you may bore them or come across a little self involved, you should use your first point of contact to compliment the other person or reference things you like about their profile. Try to drop in a question of you can, it may help break the ice.
4. Don’t be negative: negative comments and references to your ex or lack of success on the dating scene are an instant turn off. Instead focus on your likes and hobbies, let your best features shine. Remember, you’re selling yourself to people who know nothing about you.
5. Just the right amount of information: too much or too little can affect your success. Too little and you might not get enough interest, too much and people may not be interested enough to read on.
6. If you don’t get a response, do not harass the recipient. Besides being borderline stalkerish, it will almost certainly ruin any chance you may have previously had. It doesn’t matter how perfect your message was, if the other person decides for any reason they are not attracted enough to respond; they do not owe you. Yes it would be the polite thing to do, but sometimes it’s not possible to message back 100+ people a day, no matter how lovely they are. Everyone has the right to be picky, just consider it their loss.
7. Finally, it might not be your fault at all: distance and age may be a factor, in which case there’s very little you can do other than narrow your options so they closer match yours.
What kind of white nonsense
What the fuck is wrong with the world?
My uncles party trick that is!
- that you’re bored, get off Facebook and do something about it
- if your child has the shits, and posting photos of said child covered in faeces is more messed up than the child itself.
- how much you love your significant other every fucking hour of every fucking day, tell THEM not Facebook
- that you’re upset about something but you don’t want to talk about it, then don’t mention it?!
- how hungover you are, what do you want, a medal?
- running commentary of what’s on tv, trust me if I gave two shits I’d be watching it myself.
- if you are hungry, tell Dominos not Facebook
You should also avoid:
- regularly posting selfies that all look exactly the same, yes we get it, you love yourself
- spreading spam “lyk dis pic of a turd if u lyk breathing, ignore if u want 2 die”
- complaining about the same thing every day, do you expect us to fix your problem for you?
THIS CAT IS ASKING TO BE PETTED IT IS ACTUALLY ASKING THIS IS THE MOST POLITE CAT IN THE WORLD AND IT’S GOING TO KILL ME
DYING OMG THIS IS THE BEST.
This is pretty epic lol
Spider-Man is my favorite
Via I am a rockstar why cant you see
There’s so much talk and ranting about “illegal immigrants taking all our benefits” these days.. Well to set the record straight ILLEGAL immigrant get diddly squat, and the truth it’s becoming far more common for people of British nationality to abuse the system.
I’ve met numerous British people living cosy, even borderline luxurious lives out of the tax payers pockets, often feigning injury or illness frequently. It angers me that cases like these are not followed up thoroughly enough, and will pause to apologise if this offends anyone, but if you’re claiming for something as petty as a sore knee but can carry on doing everything else aside from work normal then you’re nothing but a lazy government sponging skid mark on the underpants of society.
Now, my auntie has had the most horrific ordeal as far as her health goes, yet left with multiple amputations she has spoken of her determination to eventually get back to work. I couldn’t be prouder to be related to such an inspirational woman, I just wish there were more people like her in the world.